This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful and fast growing business that is on a exciting journey of group entity integration and transformation as Group Financial Controller. The group has grown five-fold in the past three years and now has annual turnover in excess of £100m and over a thousand staff. This newly created role will be pivotal in developing a first class finance transaction shared services operation in addition to providing robust financial reporting & control for all group operations.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director you remit will include the following:
- Lead the evolution of a finance shared services function including the centralisation of current and future acquisition entities into the centre.
- Recruitment and development of a high performing team that are driven by process excellence and efficiency improvement. This will include, P2P, O2C and Payroll functions
- Cashflow forecasting and management to ensure all working capital requirements are met
- Responsibility for all statutory and HMRC returns including VAT & Corporation Tax
- Delivery of high quality monthly management accounts for operating businesses and central support functions, including KPI review
- Monthly group board reporting pack presentation
- Annual accounts preparation and external audit liaison
- Play a key role in the annual budgeting and business planning process
- Drive a consistent performance and efficiency improvement culture across finance operations, leading from the front with systems / MIS initiatives
- Provision of ad-hoc reports and projects
To be successful in this Group Financial Controller opportunity we seek the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) with a high level of academic achievement
- Great track record of career advancement to date where you can demonstrate that you have developed and led high performance teams, ideally in a group and / or shared services environment
- An innovator and Pioneer – we seek a visionary leader who delivers clear strategy that people are inspired to deliver.
- Great planning and organisation skills enabling deadlines to be met and objectives achieved to the highest standards of accuracy and compliance
- Detail focused and analytical
- A pro-active and pragmatic approach
- High level of self-accountability but team focused
- Comfortable and confident operating at SMT level
To apply for this opportunity that offers a competitive salary, car allowance and bonus please forward your CV to Steve@T2Mresourcing.com with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period. Please note that this role will be full-time office based when circumstances allow. This is a permanent position .