Due to ongoing growth of the business there is now an opportunity to join this engineering business as a Design Engineer. My client offers a full turnkey solution for bespoke HVAC systems, this includes the design, installation, and servicing and maintenance. This is a diverse role which will include design, project and mechanical engineering duties for building services works.
Duties of a Design Engineer:
- Designing and calculating specifications for HVAC and building systems
- Completing proposals with designs, calculations, costings, and project plans
- Liaise and communicate with clients and internal teams on designs and projects
- Reviewing designs and customer specifications for quotations
- Preparing quotations, estimates and tenders following design and drawing up BOM
- Working with Project Managers and Engineers to assist in defining scope of work
Requirements to be a successful as a Design Engineer:
- Degree, HND, HNC or relevant qualification in engineering, building services or relevant field.
- Diverse capability across mechanical, electrical, design and building services engineering.
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD packages 2D, 3D and specific software such as HEVACOMP
- Understanding of HVAC and building system designs/calculations
- Positive attitude, able to flex and adapt to changing requirements from clients and internal teams
- H&S understanding, NEBOSH or IOSH is beneficial
- Organised and able to prioritise workload
- Detailed orientated engineer, understanding that the small things matter
This role is based in Bromsgrove and will involve both working from home and working from the office.