Fire Alarm Engineer
£35,000 plus Company Van
A new opportunity has arisen to join a UK wide critical services provider as a Fire Alarm Engineer in the London area. This role will involve maintenance and servicing of fire systems to ensure that customers remain compliant.
This organisation offers continued training opportunities and funding for certifications.
Duties of a Fire Alarm Engineer:
- Carrying out fault finding, maintenance and servicing on systems such as:
- Fire alarms
- Door entry
- Call systems
- Liaising with customers on systems, providing advice and assistance where required
- Completing site and weekly reports and assessments
- Comply with all H&S procedures while on and off site
- Maintain and organise own van/tools
- Work toward fix first time target and department KPIs
- Attend to call outs as part of the on-call rota system
Requirements to be successful as a Fire Alarm Engineer:
- FIA Foundation Course and FIA Fire Maintenance Course or equivalent
- FIA Units 1 –Design & Unit 5 –Servicing
- FETA/BAFE Certification and knowledge of BS5839, BS5306 and BS5266
- UK Driving License
- Knowledge of various conventional & addressable fire alarm systems including Morley, Advance, Kentec, Gent, Haes & Menvier
- Electrical or Electronic qualification
- Experience in fire systems maintenance and servicing
- Capable of carrying out risk assessments on fire systems and buildings
- Asbestos awareness, IPAF Training and CSCS card all beneficial
This role is based in the London area however will require travel to the surrounding areas therefore a UK Driving License is required.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive we cannot always respond to every application.