Mechanical Design Manager
Leeds or Manchester
£55-60,000 plus car and benefits
Following growth and an internal restructure, my client is seeking a Mechanical Design Manager to join their M&E Contractor Business and work on projects across the UK as the head of mechanical design. As a Mechanical Design Manager you will combine both technical, design, commercial and management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget, meet customer requirements and are to the highest quality.
Responsibilities of a Mechanical Design Manager:
- Develop design solutions to meet clients’ requirements for M&E projects.
- Responsible for the detailed design of mechanical solutions up to stage five of the construction process.
- Develop relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Work alongside the bid management team from enquiry through to tender completion, assisting with elements such as value engineering, buildability, and compliance.
- Leading meetings on behalf of the design team.
- Take a proactive approach to value engineering throughout the design phase, keep up to date with latest construction techniques, innovation, and legislation to provide the best solutions to your client’s.
Requirements to be successful as a Mechanical Design Manager:
- Degree or similar qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, or Mechanical Design.
- Demonstrable experience as a Mechanical Designer/Manager for an M&E Contractor/Consultancy.
- Confident user of design software packages including AutoCAD, Revit and modelling software such as TAS or IES.
- Demonstrable experience for BIM, interfaces such as Viewpoint, RIBA Stages, BSRIA methods of design management and overseeing third party consultant designs.
- Previously worked as an effective leader, innovator and a continuous improvement champion.
- Strong communication skills at all levels and able to present to clients with great technical and persuasive skills.
- Resourceful, reliable, and flexible, organised, and meticulous to detail.
This role will be based from either Leeds or Manchester, but will require travel and a full UK Driving License is essential.