This is a newly created role supporting a growing business as a Quantity Surveyor. My client is a provider of full turnkey solutions for including design, installation and servicing of mobility systems. This is a great opportunity for a qualified surveyor to develop their skills as well as taking on new varied responsibilities in contract and account management.
Responsibilities of a Quantity Surveyor:
- Commercial and account support to the construction and engineering teams.
- Completing bids, tenders and contract reviews.
- Surveys and reviewing sites to assist construction teams and complete bids for clients.
- Ownership of admin process and working with other teams to coordinate projects.
- Contract negotiation, client meetings, providing feedback on terms and documentation.
- Assisting with project management from tender to completion of projects.
- Overview of project deliverables such as cost, time and specifications.
- Ensuring standards and requirements are met from the group company.
- UK travel to client’s and client sites.
Experience required to be a Quantity Surveyor:
- RICS member/degree qualified in a relevant area.
- Contract negotiation, contract terms review and bids expertise.
- Experience with sub-contractors.
- Strong understanding of contract law and and standard contracts such as NEC and JCT.
- Demonstrable experience in working with construction and engineering teams in a range of environments.
- Understanding of installations, engineering and capital works.
- Organised and able to coordinate other departments to achieve project goals.
- Excellent communicator both written and oral, communicating with clients and internal team.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
This role as a Quantity Surveyor will be based out of London, but require travel in the UK and potentially in the rest of Europe, a driving license is essential.