T2M Resourcing are working on behalf of a global market leading manufacturing business who have an opportunity for an interim Accountant to join their team. An exciting opportunity to join the business as it transitions through a period of change. You will project manage the clean-up of the company’s legal entity structure and support the preparation for UK and overseas statutory accounts where required.
- Interim Accountant – 6month FTC
- Hybrid Role
- Location: Milton Keynes or Nottingham
- Day Rate £350 to £500 per day
As Interim Accountant your key responsibilities will include:
- Project manage legal entity structure clean-up for the remaining company
- Streamline the month end accounting and close procedures for low activity overseas legal entity cost centres and ensure effective handover to transactional accountants
- Ensure effective handover of holding legal entities to divisions as part of transitional service agreements.
- Provide accurate and timely management and stat. accounts for the purposes of tax returns and drive the process of overseas legal entity strike off where required
- Liaise with external auditors, tax and accounting advisors to drive the closure of legacy structure in a cost effective manner
- To reduce ongoing cost to the business by bringing in house the preparation of basic stat. accounts where external support is not necessary.
- Outsource the preparation of stat. accounts and their on-going compliance where cost effective.
To be successful as Interim Accountant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant, ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Prior experience in a similar role and can demonstrate solid technical accounting ability
- Must have proven experience of preparing statutory accounts and facilitating their closure in multiple countries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- High level of numeracy and IT literate (Excel/PowerPoint).
- Experience of working in a Shared Services environment (advantageous not essential)
- Strong process and financial control discipline
So, what’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work within a forward thinking and growing company who have a collaborative and collegiate culture.
- £300 to £400 per day
- Hybrid working, likely to be 2 days per week on site at Milton Keynes
- Duration 6 months