T2M Resourcing are working on behalf highly successful and progressive B2B service provider who have an opportunity for a Finance Manager – Controls & Compliance. Reporting directly to the Group UK Financial Controller and leading a small team you will maintain the integrity of the balance sheet, minimising financial risks, liaising with external auditors throughout the process, completion of regulatory returns, enforcing control and compliance, ensuring the cash, asset and expenses functions are well managed, and other accounting and reporting responsibilities are completed to the expected standards, adhering to relevant policies.
- 6 Month FTC
- Hybrid – 3 days in the office
As Finance Manager – Controls & Compliance key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and report on the underlying financial records for Group UK Limited and other UK & related EU JV entities, as currently maintained in the Group’s SAP financial ledgers, together with ensuring compliance to UK GAAP (FRS 102) and internal policies.
- Assist the UK Financial Controller with the statutory reporting process including taking the lead for preparation of audit files and be a key point of liaison between external auditors and internal stakeholders including sector finance teams and contract managers.
- Take responsibility for all statutory disclosure requirements and ad hoc external regulatory reporting.
- Successfully manage the Control & Compliance finance team consisting of two assistant financial accountants and two finance assistants. To lead and develop the team to achieve a “best in class” approach to all work undertaken. To promote training and staff development for the team including liaising with training providers for team members undertaking professional qualification training.
- Drive continuous process improvement throughout all the central finance procedures adopting best practice.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled to underlying records and risks are identified and mitigated on a timely basis. Ensure robustness and completeness of financial records so that quarterly declarations to Group are compliant. Manage the quarterly sector balance sheet review process.
- Take overall responsibility for all payroll related balance sheet reconciliations and reporting thereon. To ensure the accurate posting of all payroll entries and deductions.
- Control the opening and closing of SAP ledgers at month end and year end.
To be successful as Finance Manager – Control & Compliance you will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant, ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Proven experience of day-to-day management of a finance team in a medium-large organisation in a similar role.
- Proven track record of reviewing financial accounts, postings, and reports.
- Year end audit experience including managing requirements to meet a strict reporting timetable and acting as primary liaison with external auditors.
- Knowledge of SAP software
- Experience of leading and managing change to finance IT systems and procedures
- Good knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, UK GAAP and best accounting practice.
- Well-developed ICT skills specifically advanced Excel.
- Ability and experience to lead the finance team, motivating and empowering the team to continuously improve their service delivery.
- Presence, drive, professional rigour, and tenacity.
- Results driven – able to deliver to tight deadlines and work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills to manage resources against delivery targets.
- Solid accounting knowledge and attention to detail while comprehending the bigger picture.
In return our client offers a competitive salary circa £65,000 + Car Allowance and Benefits Package.