Inventory Management Assistant
Salary: Up to £25,500K dependant on experience
Location: Hybrid working
T2M Resourcing are recruiting an Inventory Management Assistant for this leading national company who have a centralised Procurement, Inventory and Supply Chain function in the East Midlands. The business supports hybrid working with Monday to Wednesday required in the office and the option to work from home Thursday & Friday.
In this role you will provide an effective supply chain service which will support and challenge in areas such as optimising stock holdings, effectiveness of stock cycle counts and stock takes, minimising slow moving and obsolete stock. This role will be pivotal in improving the effectiveness of supply chain operations within the business.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of the the Min/Max order fulfilment model and ensure that is routinely reviewed and enhanced to ultimately ensure optimal and more cost effective stock holding
- Provide insightful value driven reporting to engineering / procurement detailing areas for improvement, outlining the steps to be taken and following up on agreed actions
- Ensure that stock takes are performed by colleagues in line with policy and provide analysis of discrepancies and report these back
- Manage obsolete and slow-moving stock and provide reporting to ensure levels are minimized
- Liaise with third party vendors to resolve any local issues that have an impact on stock levels or costs and provide reporting on vendor performance where appropriate
- Ensure the day to day SAP requirements are carried out effectively
- Work with other members to drive parts standardization and best practice across the business
- Liaising with Stores/ Procurement with an expectation of spending 3 days a month at Depots across the UK to build relationships and focus on areas of improvement.
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a supply chain organization in a similar role in a large organization
- Educated to A Level of equivalent standard or qualified by experience
- Practical experience of supply chain improvement methodologies (six sigma / LEAN / etc)
- Process driven with an eye for spotting cost down / working capital reduction opportunities
- Good influencing and relationship building skills
- SAP Experience an advantage
- Good Microsoft office skills
Please note – overnight stays may be required when travelling as part of the role.
This presents a great opportunity for appropriately experienced candidates to join a large company at an exciting time of change and transformation. The company will provide a competitive salary (from £23,000 to £25,500 dependent on experience) and wide range of benefits together with the opportunity for further career development.
To apply please forward you CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period.