Location: Cheltenham with hybrid working
Salary: up to £45K
T2M Resourcing are recruiting a Management Accountant on behalf of a successful and rapidly growing engineering services company. As Management Accountant working in a modern and dynamic environment you will be responsible for the production of monthly management reporting pack for the Group and selected companies.
As Management Accountant key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly management, departmental & group accounts
- Produce ad hoc analysis reports for senior management when required
- Liaise with Purchase Ledger & Sales Ledger to ensure accurate & timely cut-off
- Liaise with other group companies to reconcile inter co. transactions and agree balances
- Document & improve month-end procedures
- Investigate & report on monthly operating results
- Prepare monthly analyses of income, expenditure &profitability
- Report on agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Prepare rolling cashflow forecasts
- Prepare rolling profit and loss forecasts
- Liaise with senior management team to produce annual budget packs
- Monitor creditor and debtor ledgers to ensure accuracy of input
- Oversee posting of transactions into Sage; through Creditors, Debtors, Bank & General Ledger, to ensure accurate & timely processing
- Oversee debtor’s ledger to minimise overdue, doubtful & bad debt & maximise cash collection
- Oversee creditors ledger to ensure suppliers are timely paid
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed to a required standard
To be successful in the role of Management Accountant you will have the following skills and attributes;
- The successful candidate will be a qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 3 years management accountants experience gained in industry.
- Sets clear goals and aligns job objectives to the requirements of the business. Able to prioritise own workload &multitask
- Demonstrates strong organisational & analytical skills
- Supports colleagues by responding effectively and efficiently to requests for help & information Proactively provides data as needed.
- Questions and where appropriate challenges the status quo to ensure continuous improvement
- Actively participates in team working to ensure organisational and team goals are effectively met
- Sets challenging standards for self and others where appropriate, seeking feedback and giving feedback constructively
- Is aware of best practice in area of expertise and works towards this by demonstrating, applying and sharing knowledge
- Builds trust and develops a reputation for reliability by following through with actions as agreed
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
So, what’s in it for you,
- The opportunity to join a successful and growing business with the genuine opportunity for career progression.
- A modern working environment.
If you are looking to springboard your career to the next level and would like to be part of a supportive and collegiate culture, then please apply immediately.